In typical room air, the level of oxygen we breathe is 21 %. In contrast, HBOT,or Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is a
medical treatment in which the patient inhales 100% oxygen in a pressurized chamber for short periods of time.
HBOT delivers concentrated oxygen to the bloodstream quickly, accelerating the healing process.
Types of wounds Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy can treat:
- Chronic non-healing wounds
- Osteomyelitis or bone infections
- Industrial accidents/crush injuries
- Flesh eating bacteria
- Gas gangrene
- Select diabetic foot wounds.
Chronic wounds can be the result of diabetes, poor circulation or other medical conditions. A multi-discipline staff of clinicians administer the latest medical treatment for persistent wounds as well as educate patients on ways to protect themselves from developing chronic wounds.
Do you or someoneyou care about suffer from chronic wounds or have a wound that just won’t heal?
Our comprehensive wound care facility has state of the art equipment and highly trained staff to heal the most stubborn wounds. We offer various treatment options, including HBOT (Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy).
Some of the wounds that we treat:
- Diabetic foot or leg wounds
- Lower leg wounds from poor circulation
- Chronic soft tissue infections
- Radiation tissue damage
- Complication of skin grafts or flaps
- Other conditions which could lead to amputation if not treated.
We care about your health
Since problem wounds are rarely the result from a single cause, we treat the whole person, not just the wound. We consider psychological, social and physical factors as well in order to develop the best treatment plan. We work closely with your primary care or referring physician to ensure the best possible outcome. We also place a major emphasis on education and teaching you how to care for your injury and enhancing the healing process.
Are you a candidate for specialized wound care?
If you suffer from a chronic or non-healing wound, ask your physician about a referral to our Wound Care Center, or contact us directly for an assessment. If you are a candidate for this outpatient program, the Wound Care Center will immediately work with you and your doctor to deliver the following:
- Advanced therapies
- Proven clinical protocols
- An individualized, comprehensive plan of care
- Assessments and ongoing care by our highly skilled team of wound care specialists
- Education for you and your family to include wound prevention, nutrition and hygiene to help the healing process at home.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
PLEASE CALL US TOLL FREE 877-295-2273
With clinics conveniently located nationwide and a 92-97% healing rate. Wound Care Specialists is dedicated to thetreatment and management of chronic wounds. Using the latest techniques and a specially trained clinical team, we help patients everyday to live happier, healthier, wound-free lives.